Accidents can leave people bruised and shaken up both physically and emotionally. Here is a great checklist of what to do immediately following an accident.
- Safely exit your vehicle.
- Get medical attention if you are injured.
- Follow your medical provider’s treatment plan.
- Call the police at the scene of the accident.
- Get names/ addresses of all witnesses.
- Take pictures.
- Don’t make statements to other witnesses.
- Call an attorney.
- Notify your insurance company.
Following these steps can help protect you and your loved ones, if the unfortunate accident occurred.