Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Las Vegas
“I was stopped in traffic on my motorcycle at the back of a line of traffic when another motorcyclist failed to stop and rear-ended my motorbike. The impact pushed me into the path of an oncoming vehicle which smashed into me head on. I woke up in the hospital after losing three liters of blood, undergoing two operations and spending multiple days under heavy sedation. I had suffered several fractures to my left leg, nervous shock and scarring. I was too beat up to do anything and relied totally on my wife, who helped me physically recover and also found a good lawyer to take on my case."
The investigation began, and the law firm obtained witness statements to substantiate my claim for ongoing loss of earnings. (I am a building contractor and could no longer go to sites or work at my office.) The legal team also prepared a detailed estimate of costs caused by the accident, from rehabilitative exercise equipment to housekeeping services to taxi costs as I could no longer drive and my wife needed to care for me full-time. During this period, our attorneys arranged for me to be assessed and interviewed by experts including accident investigators, an orthopedic surgeon and a neurologist.
The motorcyclist who rear-ended me pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention. After a series of long negotiations with his insurer, my lawyer was able to secure a high six-figure settlement for damages and ongoing costs. The firm also assisted me in setting up a trust structure to fund my long-term care needs and helped me through the process of applying for disability benefits.
Life will never be the same; I now walk with difficulty using a cane, drive an adapted car, and will never ride a motorcycle again. The money can’t give my health back, but the financial cushion takes a lot of the pressure and stress away from my wife, so things are better than they were before. I thank God that I am still alive and had the support of my wife and legal team to get through this time.”
This scenario illustrates the devastating fallout from a motorcycle accident and the importance of a skilled attorney in helping you recover damages and move forward. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be dealing with these issues:
- How to get medical treatment for your immediate injuries and follow-on treatment for long-term problems like neck and spinal pain
- Dealing with health insurance – some coverage is very important to pay the high costs associated with medical treatment. If you do not have health insurance, it is even more important to contact an accident lawyer immediately.
- Finding a skilled mechanic and body shop to repair your motorcycle to an approved standard at a good price
- Negotiating with your auto insurance company and the insurance companies of any other drivers. Insurance companies will try every strategy and tactic to minimize payouts. It’s a hardball scenario where you need a skilled negotiator to represent your interests.
- Work missed due to injury
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Confusion and stress about the complexity of these issues happening all at once
- Trying to get on with your day-to-day responsibilities at work, school and home while dealing with the additional problems caused by the accident
Review My Motorcycle Accident Case for Free
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Near Me
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys are available to discuss your motorcycle accident case now. Call our firm at (702) 333-0000 for your free consultation.
We have the experience and expertise to help guide you through your challenges. We will:
- Suggest medical providers to ensure you receive the best possible care, and pursue the insurance companies to recover these medical costs
- Refer you to reputable body shops and mechanics for vehicle repair
- Represent you in all communications with insurance companies
- Represent you in all communications with other drivers and their lawyers, or any third parties to the accident
- Secure you the highest possible settlement
- Listen to your concerns, then advise and guide you to help eliminate your confusion or stress
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer FAQs
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help with a motorcycle accident?
- Accident lawyers are specialists with relevant experience to assess your case and advise you on the best strategy to pursue compensation for any damages or injuries you have suffered in a vehicle accident. A skilled accident lawyer knows how to represent your interests, communicate with the other parties and their lawyers, negotiate with insurance companies, and advance your case through the legal system.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with my motorcycle accident?
- Experienced lawyers who are specialists in the area of law relevant to your case
- Lawyers who listen to your concerns and take practical steps to resolve your case
- Lawyers who will review your case and explain to you in clear language your legal situation and your options for recovering damages so that you can make informed decisions
- Action-oriented lawyers who will move your case forward with all possible speed
What should I do at the scene of a motorcycle accident?
- First, move yourself to safety away from the damaged vehicle, the road and other moving traffic.
- Take a moment to gather yourself and assess the situation, the damages, your own injuries and injuries of others.
- Call 911 and report the accident. Let them know if anyone is seriously injured so that the paramedics can come. Request that the police investigate the accident.
- Ask the other vehicle drivers and passengers for their name and contact details. Write them down or record them on your cellphone.
- Ask witnesses (drivers and pedestrians) at the scene for their name and contact details. Write them down.
- If possible, use your phone to take clear photos of the accident scene and all vehicles involved (including license plates).
- Write your own notes about what happened while the accident is still fresh in your mind.
- Do not move any vehicles at the scene – preserve everything as it happened until the police arrive.
What should I do if I have been in a motorcycle accident recently?
- Contact a lawyer to discuss your case. Even if you did not do all of the above at the scene, you could still have a viable case to pursue compensation. An accident lawyer can assess your case and advise you how to proceed.
How can I avoid a motorcycle accident?
- Defensive driving can help, but a motorcycle accident may still be unavoidable.
- Do not ride when fatigued from lack of sleep.
- Do not ride after drinking alcohol or consuming any illicit drugs. A fatal crash involving alcohol happens every hour of every day on U.S. roads.
- Be aware of the side effects of prescription medication, and do not ride if you feel drowsy or disoriented.
- Do not text or type on your phone while riding.
- Use a hands-free or Bluetooth system to make and receive calls.
- Use GPS to direct you on your way and reduce confusion about your route.
- Pay attention to weather reports. In the event of severe rain, storms or other large weather events, don’t venture out.
- Ride within the speed limit, obey all road traffic signs and signal all your maneuvers before you turn or change lanes.
- Make sure your motorcycle is well maintained and regularly serviced. Check your oil and fluid levels and tire pressure as recommended by the manufacturer.
Should I call the police if I am in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas?
- Yes, you should call the police immediately to report the accident and any injuries.
- Do this as soon as possible at the scene of the accident.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until the police arrive.
- If any of the other drivers try to leave the scene of the accident, record (or photograph) their license plate details and report this to the police.
Isn’t my insurance company on my side?
- Your insurance company is trying to save as much money as they can.
- Your insurance company’s primary objective is to minimize liability and pay out as little as possible in damages.
- Your lawyer’s objective is to get you as much as possible.
- Your lawyer is a trained negotiator.
- Let your lawyer handle the insurance company.