Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Las Vegas
“My husband James and I were married professionals with good jobs in the city. We were planning to start a family. One Saturday morning in 2011, James went out for a bike ride. At an intersection, an oncoming driver failed to see him and they crashed head-on. James was wearing a helmet, which saved his life, but he sustained a severe spinal cord injury."
The doctors told me that James had lost all movement and might never regain it. I immediately contacted a lawyer to discuss his case. At the same time, I took unscheduled leave from work to care for my husband in the hospital. With the loss of two incomes, we soon ran low on our savings and started to accumulate debts and bills. We needed to sell our two-story home and move into a smaller, single-level place with step-free access and special disability and rehabilitation adaptations, plus a spare bedroom for my husband’s live-in, 24-hour caregiver.
Our attorney went straight to work. Luckily, there was CCTV footage and witnesses to the accident, so we knew that we had a strong case. Our lawyer prepared a very detailed case file with multiple expert statements, medical reports, and an accident reconstruction report, which was presented as a basis to negotiate with the driver’s insurance for a settlement. The settlement covered all of James’ hospital expenses, ongoing care costs and our combined loss of income. After two years, we received a seven-figure lump sum award, with regular additional medical maintenance payments on a schedule for the remainder of James’ life.
James’ condition has improved. He will not walk again but has regained some movement. The accident was tragic and our lives are irreversibly damaged, but our home is secure and James will be well cared for as long as he lives. We are very grateful to our attorneys for getting the best possible outcome from a terrible situation.”
This scenario shows the tragic effects of spinal cord injuries and the importance of enlisting the help of a qualified attorney to help you work through the resulting issues. These issues may include:
- How to get medical treatment for your immediate injuries
- Physical pain
- Loss of faculties or disability
- Traumatic memories and emotional suffering
- Dealing with compounding medical bills
- Communicating with your health insurance provider and the auto insurance provider of the motorists involved
- Work missed due to injury
- Loss of income
- Confusion and stress about the complexity of these issues all happening at once
- Trying to get on with your day-to-day responsibilities at work, school and home while dealing with the additional problems caused by the accident
Review My Spinal Cord Injury Case for Free
Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Near Me
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys are available to discuss your spinal injury case now. Call our lawyers at (702) 333-0000 for your free consultation.
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have the expertise to help guide you through the aftermath of your accident. We will:
- Suggest medical providers to ensure you receive proper care
- Represent you in communicating with insurance companies
- Guide you to help eliminate your confusion or stress
- Investigate your case from every angle to ensure you receive the resolution you deserve
- Determine if your accident was due to the negligence of another party
- Determine what compensation you are entitled to and maximize the award possible for your pain and suffering
Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer FAQs
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help with a spinal cord injury?
- Spinal cord injury lawyers are specialists with relevant experience to assess your case and advise you on the best strategy to pursue compensation for your damages and injuries.
- A skilled accident lawyer knows how to represent your interests, liaise with the other parties and their lawyers, negotiate with your insurance company, and move your case through the legal system.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with my spinal cord injury?
- Experienced lawyers who are specialists in the areas of law relevant to your case.
- Lawyers who listen to your concerns and take practical steps to resolve them.
- Lawyers who will review your case and explain to you in clear language what your legal situation is, what your options are and what the likely outcomes will be. This will empower you to make informed decisions.
- Action-oriented lawyers who will advance your case with all possible speed.
What causes spinal cord injuries?
- Spinal cord injuries are caused by significant trauma to the head or neck or direct damage to the spinal cord or to the nerves at the base of the spinal canal.
- Spinal cord injuries often compromise strength as well as sensation and bodily functions below the site of the injury. They can improve in time or remain for a lifetime, depending on the nature of the injury.
Do I have a spinal cord injury?
- Spinal injuries may range from whiplash to paralysis.
- Before a spinal cord injury can be confirmed, you must have a thorough medical examination. Tingey Injury Law Firm works with quality medical care providers and can refer you to a specialist right away.