Work Injury Lawyer Las Vegas
Work-related accidents can hurt you physically and financially. Tingey Injury Law Firm will handle your Nevada workers’ compensation claim efficiently and effectively and help you get the benefits that you deserve.
“I was driving a company vehicle on the clock and performing the duties of my job when I was rear-ended. After the accident, my employer tried to deny me medical treatment. He stated they would not pay my medical bills and that I would have to go after the other driver on my own. An MRI report showed multiple bulging discs and compromised nerves in my spine. My company is refusing to even provide care. Is there anything I can do?”
“My co-worker bumped into my arm with a hot pan, giving me a second degree oil burn which required medical treatment and caused permanent scarring. I went to the doctor and was given a tetanus shot and had my arm bandaged. The doctor gave me a work injury claim form and told me to have my employer fill it out and give it back. I gave the form to my manager, who told me she would take care of everything and have it sent back to the doctor’s office. Then a month or two later, I received a bill in the mail from the doctor’s office. When I called the office they said that my employer never contacted them and that no payment was received. In the intervening time, I had changed jobs and now work at a new company. What does this do to complicate the matter legally?”
These scenarios help demonstrate some of the frustrations that people deal with in the aftermath of on-the-job injuries. Nevada law requires all employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance. The purpose of workers’ compensation is to help injured workers and their families maintain an adequate standard of living despite the disability or death of the worker. In reality, though, the process of getting your benefits is often long and complex. Your employer will be concerned about their own liability and may not be familiar enough with the relevant laws to fully inform you of your rights.
- Medical treatment for your immediate injuries and necessary procedures for any longer term complications
- Multiple forms to complete and confusing deadlines for filing your case
- Ensuring that you are being treated fairly by your employer
- Pressure from your employer to return to work
- Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy coverage and exclusions
- Confusion about what costs and damages you are entitled to
- Confusion about your entitlement to Social Security Disability
- Confusion about who is at fault. In some cases there is a third party who is partially responsible for the accident in addition to your employer
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys are experts at finding a path through the maze of regulations, dealing with your employer and other relevant parties and, most importantly, making sure you receive all the worker’s comp benefits you are entitled to after a workplace accident or injury.
Review My Work Injury Case for Free
Work Injury Attorney Near Me
Tingey Injury Law Firm has the experience and expertise to help guide you through the issues surrounding your workers’ compensation case. We will:
- Help you know your legal rights by explaining the issues in a clear and straightforward way.
- Confirm what forms of compensation you are eligible for and that your employer or any third parties have the correct coverage in place.
- Assist you in completing all necessary paperwork correctly and on time to meet deadlines.
- Confirm you are receiving all essential medical treatment and suggest further tests and treatments that are relevant to your condition.
- Represent you in communicating with your workers’ compensation insurance company.
- Ensure you receive fair compensation that covers medical costs and loss of income caused by the accident.
- Represent you when your benefits or rights are denied by others.
Get your work injury case reviewed for free.
817 S. Main Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Review My Work Injury Case for Free
Work Injury Lawyer FAQs
Our successful Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are highly experienced and can help you today. If you have been injured in Las Vegas on the job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits under Nevada law. As an employee, it’s important to understand your rights, the limits on coverage, and what is and is not covered under the law. Tingey Injury Law Firm has over 50 years of experience in workers’ compensation. We will help you with your claim and ensure that you are receiving all of the compensation you are owed for your workplace injuries.
Click on question below to see more info:
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help me?
- Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have represented thousands of injured employees, negotiating settlements with workers’ compensation insurance carriers in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada.
- We understand the system and how to work within it to represent you best.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with my work injury?
- A caseworker from our legal team will be assigned to you.
- You can expect to be treated with professional courtesy and receive regular and timely updates on the progress of your case.
- Our lawyers represent you without fail until your case is properly settled.
What compensation am I entitled to?
- The laws governing workplace accidents are broad and complex.
- After you meet with our attorneys and give us your full report and documentation about your case, we can accurately assess your entitlements.
- These entitlements may include payment for lost wages, loss of potential earning power, medical bills, and more.
What should I do if I have had a recent work accident?
- Report the incident to your employer (if you haven’t already).
- Call and speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
- Seek an examination from a medical professional authorized by your employers’ insurance, even if you do not feel any pain or have visible injuries.
- Write down your notes about the accident.
- Make sure your employer has kept a written record of the accident, too.
- Collect contact details for witnesses and any photographs of the accident and resulting damages, if possible.
Isn’t the insurance company on my side?
- The insurance company’s objective is to minimize liability and pay out as little as possible.
- Your lawyer’s objective is to get you as much as possible.
- Your lawyer is a trained negotiator, experienced at remaining cool, impartial and laser-focused on the goal of securing a settlement.
- Let your lawyer get tough on the insurance company so that you can focus on healing.
How long do I have to file a claim?
- This varies depending on the type of accident and facts of the case. Injured workers should report the injury to their employer immediately and start the necessary paperwork.
- In Nevada, you have 90 days from the time of the injury (or onset of occupational disease) to have an authorized medical provider sign your paperwork for submission to the insurance company.
- In general, you should always file a case and get the paperwork underway quickly while the details are still fresh in your mind and the injury is new.
- If you did not file before the deadline, it’s still a good idea to talk to an attorney to see if you have a case.
How important is it to file quickly?
- Filing a case without delay is important to get the best possible outcome.
- If you wait, you could miss legal deadlines and disqualify your claim.
- Failing to see an authorized doctor quickly could jeopardize your health and render treatment less effective.
- The longer you wait, the more likely you are to forget or confuse important details about the case.
- Remember that other parties to the accident may also be filing cases with their lawyers and insurance companies, which you may be contacted about. It is important to have a lawyer ready to represent you in these communications.
“The Outcomes Were Great.”
I was recommended to come here by my parents. I’ve since referred 3 or 4 people, too! Jaunita is a great case worker. She made it so easy to understand everything. The outcomes were amazing. They made everything feel like we really didn’t have to do anything. 10/10 would recommend and come again!