Wrongful Death Lawyer Las Vegas
Wrongful death is a tragedy; the ultimate injury and loss. We cannot bring loved ones back, but we can alleviate their survivors’ suffering in time of need.
“My husband died at 36 years old, two weeks after he tripped and fell at work due to debris left out in the hall. The fall caused him to break his foot, but it didn’t seem like a big deal. On the day of the accident he was taken to the ER for treatment, given a cast and crutches, then sent home, cleared for work."
My husband didn’t tell me that he had passed out, I found out from his co-workers after the funeral. He probably didn’t want me to worry, so he just said that he had been given a few days sick leave at home. Three days later he was dead.
The cause given on his death certificate was a blood clot which had traveled to his lung, caused by deep leg vein thrombosis. This is my transcript of what’s on his death certificate:
- The immediate cause of death was a massive pulmonary thromboembolism (clot in lung) due to deep leg vein thrombosis caused by injury of foot/ankle due to ground-level fall.
- Place of injury: office building
- Injury at work? Yes
- Overwhelming grief and emotional suffering that makes it hard for you to perform daily tasks.
- Confusion, shock and a sense of disbelief that “this is not really happening.”
- Inability to work due to the emotional effects of the loss.
- Medical bills and funeral expenses.
- Loss of income and benefits, which puts your home and other assets at risk.
- Lack of clarity in understanding what compensation you are entitled to.
- Insurance companies attempting to deny liability and defend the negligent party.
- Stress from communicating with your insurance company or the insurance firm of a negligent party.
Review My Wrongful Death Case for Free
Wrongful Death Attorney Near Me
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys are available to listen to your wrongful death story now. Call us at (702) 333-0000, and we will help you to address your bereavement today.
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help guide you through these issues. We will:
- Listen to your account and understand your concerns.
- Advise you sensitively during a difficult time.
- Represent you in all communications with your insurance company.
- Review relevant medical records, employment records, police reports (for automobile accidents), and other relevant documentation to create a clear account of the events leading to death.
- Determine whether the loss of life was due to negligence and could have been prevented.
- Pursue all negligent parties in civil action to the full extent of the law.
- In the event of criminal liability, we will communicate with law enforcement.
Wrongful Death Lawyer FAQs
What is negligence?
- In the case of wrongful death, negligence is the failure of a responsible person, company or other legal entity to perform a legally required duty of care to the deceased.
What determines negligence for a wrongful death case?
- As in every case, there are many factors including the events at time of death, liability of all parties involved, place of death, medical interventions and more.
- All relevant documentation must be compiled in a case file before responsibility for the death can be established.
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help with a wrongful death case?
- Tingey Injury Law Firm has represented families of deceased persons in many cases in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada.
- We understand the system and how to work within it to represent you best and secure a just resolution.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with a wrongful death claim?
- A case worker from our legal team will be assigned to you.
- You can expect to be treated with professional courtesy and genuine concern.
- The death of your family member will be treated with great concern and respect.
- We will listen in detail to your accounts.
- We will carefully compile all the relevant documentation and create a case file.
- You will receive regular and timely updates on the progress of your case.
- Our lawyers will stand with you until your case is properly settled.
How long do I have to file a claim?
- Nevada laws dictate that individuals should file a wrongful death suit within two years of the decedent’s passing.
- As a general rule, the sooner you file, the greater chance your case has of being successful.
- A timely filing helps ensure that the details surrounding the case will be fresh in your mind.
- In addition, contact details of witnesses to the death, medical attendants and other relevant parties will be up to date when your lawyer follows up. These witnesses’ accounts will be more complete the sooner they are able to be recorded.