Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer Las Vegas
“I was involved in a crash with a drunk driver that was 100% the other guy’s fault. He ran a red light while speeding and T-boned the passenger side of my car in an intersection. I spent a week in the hospital, and my vehicle was totaled. It took more than a year to recover from the accident, and I have never been the same since. I limp, have little strength in my arms and am often fatigued and in pain. I lost my job because of the accident, and it took me over 6 months to find another."
My insurance company covered me for uninsured/underinsured motorist damages to a max of $50k, which meant I could get a $100k settlement, but I had already racked up that much in medical bills, lost my car and lost $50k in income due to missed work. It was time to get a lawyer.
The attorney was very good and got straight to work on sorting out the situation between my insurer, the drunk driver and his insurer. They investigated the other driver and found he had very few assets so there was little point in pursuing a suit directly with him. We didn’t have a strong case to sue his insurance company as they were complying with the terms of his policy.
In the end, my lawyer focused his attention on my insurance company instead and negotiated my settlement up to $160k before the case got to trial. It wasn’t enough to cover all the costs and losses involved, but it was better than the initial offer, and I didn’t waste time in court pursuing a deadbeat defendant with no money. We also received some additional restitution from the Nevada Victims of Crime Program.
All said and done, I’m satisfied with my lawyer for executing a smart strategy to make the best of what was a bad situation. I’ll always have health problems and pain from the crash, but my debts are cleared, and I can move on with my life.”
As this scenario illustrates, a good lawyer can help you navigate the complexities of drunk driving accidents. If you or a loved one have been the victim of a drunk driving accident, you may be dealing with these issues:
- How to get medical treatment for your immediate injuries and follow-on treatment for long-term problems like neck and spinal pain
- Some health insurance coverage is very important to pay the high costs associated with medical costs. If you do not have health insurance, it is even more important to contact an accident lawyer immediately.
- Finding a skilled mechanic and body shop to repair your vehicle to an approved standard at a good price
- The other driver may not have insurance or be underinsured
- Negotiating with your auto insurance company and the insurance companies of any other drivers. Insurance companies will try every strategy and tactic to minimize payouts. It’s a hardball scenario where you need a skilled negotiator to represent your interests.
- Confusion and stress about the complexity of these issues all happening at once
- Trying to get on with your responsibilities at work, school and home while dealing with the additional problems caused by the accident
Review My Drunk Driver Accident Case for Free
Drunk Driver Attorney Near Me
We have the experience and expertise to help guide you through the aftermath of a drunk driving accident. We will:
- Suggest medical providers to ensure you receive the best possible care and pursue the insurance companies to recover these medical costs
- Refer you to reputable body shops and mechanics for vehicle repair
- Represent you in all communications with your insurance company and those of other drivers
- Represent you in all communications with other drivers and their lawyers, or any third parties to the accident
- Listen to your concerns, then advise and guide you to help eliminate your confusion or stress
- Secure the highest possible settlement to the full extent of the law
Get your drunk driver accident case reviewed for free.
817 S. Main Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Review My Drunk Driver Accident Case for Free
Drunk Driver Lawyer FAQs
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help with a drunk driving accident?
- Accident lawyers are specialists with relevant experience to assess your case and advise you on the best strategy to pursue compensation for any damages or injuries you have suffered.
- A skilled accident lawyer knows how to represent your interests, communicate with the other parties and their lawyers, negotiate with insurance companies, and advance your case through the legal system.
- Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have represented drunk driving accident victims in thousands of cases and have decades of experience negotiating settlements with insurance carriers in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada.
- We understand the system and how to work within it to represent you best.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with a drunk driving accident?
- Experienced lawyers who are specialists in the area of law relevant to your case.
- Lawyers who listen to your concerns and take practical steps to resolve your case.
- Lawyers who will review your case and explain to you in clear language where you stand legally, what your options for settlement are and what are the likely outcomes. This will allow you to make the most informed decisions.
- Action-oriented lawyers who will move your case forward with all possible speed.
- The utmost professional courtesy from our lawyers and staff and regular and timely updates on the progress of your case.
- Our lawyers represent you without fail until your case is properly settled.
How are drunk driving accident cases unique?
- Drivers who are irresponsible enough to drive while drunk are often irresponsible in other areas and do not have proper insurance coverage.
- Drunk driving is a criminal matter as well as a civil (negligence) matter. There may be multiple court proceedings attached to the case, which can complicate things.
- Drunk driving crash victims can apply for restitution to the Nevada Victims of Crime Program, in addition to pursuing a civil suit.
Isn’t my insurance company on my side?
- Your insurance company is trying to save as much money as they can.
- Your insurance company’s objective is to minimize liability and pay out as little as possible.
- Your lawyer’s objective is to get you as much as possible.
- Your lawyer is a trained negotiator.
- Let your lawyer handle the insurance company so you can focus on healing and other priorities.