Lyft Accident Lawyer Las Vegas
What if you’re injured in a Lyft crash?
I was driving across town on a Lyft ride while on vacation. I noticed that the driver kept taking his right hand off the wheel to tap at the Lyft app on his cell phone while driving. I could see he was not paying proper attention to the road and became nervous. About half a mile from my destination, the car drifted to the left, mounted the curb and hit a lamp post. It all happened in a few short seconds. I was wearing my seatbelt but was thrown forward roughly. I was not able to free myself from the seat, so I called 911 immediately, and the emergency services came quickly to get us out of the Lyft car.
I filed a basic initial report with Lyft using the app while still in the hospital. Having heard about the complexity of Lyft lawsuits, however, I decided to take extra precautions. I met with a lawyer immediately after I got home, and I am glad I did.
My lawyer explained the messy legal situation with Lyft and that the liabilities for Lyft crashes were not always clear. My lawyer contacted Lyft and their insurance company, and also made direct contact with the Lyft driver and his personal insurance company. Several months of back and forth between all parties followed, and my attorney was able to negotiate a settlement with contributions from Lyft and the driver. The settlement was sufficient to cover my medical bills and lost earnings and helped me avoid the headaches and added stress of going to court.”
If you have been involved in a Lyft accident like the driver in this scenario, you know that Lyft accidents can present a multitude of issues. An experienced attorney can help you navigate these issues and get the compensation that you deserve. Lyft accidents may present the following challenges and concerns:
- How to get medical treatment for your immediate injuries and follow-on treatment for long-term problems like neck and spinal pain
- Negotiating with the insurance companies
- Confusion about Lyft’s policies
- Confusion and stress about the complexity of these issues all happening at once
- Trying to get on with your day-to-day responsibilities at work, school and home while dealing with the additional problems caused by the accident
Review My Lyft Accident Case for Free
Lyft Accident Attorney Near Me
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have the expertise to help guide you through these challenges. We have negotiated many settlements with Lyft-related cases and are aware of the legal complexities particular to these new ride-sharing apps. We will:
- Suggest medical providers to ensure you receive the best possible care and pursue the insurance companies to recover these medical costs
- Refer you to reputable body shops and mechanics for vehicle repair
- Represent you in all communications with Lyft
- Represent you in all communications with your insurance company and those of the other parties involved
- Represent you in all communications with other drivers and their lawyers, or any third parties to the accident
- Listen to your concerns, then advise and guide you to help eliminate your confusion or stress
- Secure you the highest possible settlement to the full extent of the law
Get your lyft accident case reviewed for free.
817 S. Main Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Review My Lyft Accident Case for Free
Lyft Accident Lawyer FAQs
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help with a Lyft accident?
- Our accident lawyers are specialists with relevant experience to assess your case and advise you on the best strategy to pursue compensation for any damages or injuries you have suffered in your Lyft accident.
- A skilled accident lawyer knows how to represent your interests, liaise with the other parties and their lawyers, negotiate with your insurance company, and move your case through the legal system.
- Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have represented many Lyft and Uber accident victims and know how to get the maximum compensation from insurance carriers.
- We understand the system and how to work within it to represent you best.
- Our lawyers stay up-to-date on the latest cases and judgments related to Lyft and other ridesharing companies.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with a Lyft accident?
- Experienced lawyers who are specialists in laws pertaining to ridesharing accidents
- Lawyers who listen to your concerns and take practical steps to resolve your case
- Lawyers who will review your case and explain to you in clear language your legal standing, your options for resolution and possible outcomes so you can make informed decisions
- Action-oriented lawyers who will advance your case with all possible speed
- The highest degree of professional courtesy and regular and timely updates on the progress of your case
- Lawyers who stay by your side until your case is properly settled
How does Lyft’s insurance policy system work?
- There are highly complex rules surrounding Lyft’s insurance coverage of their drivers.
- In brief, Lyft insures its drivers “on the clock,” meaning when they are en-route to a pickup or have a Lyft user in the car. At other times, the driver is covered by their own insurance policy. Lyft considers its drivers as independent contractors, not employees, and tries to disclaim liability for many of their drivers’ actions.
- Lyft is a relatively new phenomenon so the legal environment around their business is highly dynamic and still evolving as case precedents are being set.
- As more cases related to Lyft go through the courts, lawyers and judges have a record of preceding trials to refer to in deciding how to handle particular cases.
How thorough are Lyft’s background checks?
- Lyft checks the criminal records of its drivers.
- Convicted criminals and felons cannot drive for Lyft.
- They also check motor vehicle licenses and driving records for past accidents. Drivers with major moving violations will not be allowed to drive for Lyft.
- Note that Lyft background checks only go back 7 years, so the system does not guarantee that your driver is 100% safe.
How can I avoid a Lyft accident?
- The best practice here is to only accept rides from Lyft drivers with a perfect 5-star rating and at least 6 months of driving history with Lyft.
- If you feel unsafe at any time in a Lyft, tell the driver to stop the car and get out and to a safe place as soon as possible.
How is a Lyft accident unique from other types of accidents?
- In the case of a Lyft accident, you must file a report with Lyft in addition to any police reports or insurance reports you have filed. Tingey Injury Law Firm can manage all communications with Uber as well as other involved parties and their respective insurances as part of the case resolution progress.
- Lyft places limits on its financial liability for Lyft drivers’ actions, but these limits are being tested by cases in courts across the United States, and the rules may change. Our attorneys stay up on these cases so they know the latest rulings.
- Lyft drivers often work longer shifts than would be allowed by traditionally regulated taxi firms, leading to increased driver fatigue.
- Lyft drivers are responsible for their own maintenance and are less regulated in their maintenance schedules than traditionally regulated taxi firms.
Can I Settle My Case Directly With Lyft?
- We do not recommend dealing directly with Lyft or their insurance companies without first speaking to a personal injury lawyer if you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident in Las Vegas.
- Lyft has an enormous amount of legal resources at its disposal and is sued hundreds of times per year, so their stance toward every suit is highly defensive and adversarial. You need a skilled and tough lawyer by your side to represent your interests. Tingey Injury Law firm attorneys have the experience to get you the compensation that you deserve and not be bullied by the other parties.
Can I Sue Lyft?
- As with any car accident, you must be able to prove that the Lyft driver was negligent and therefore responsible for causing the accident.
- If you wish to pursue a suit against Lyft (the company), you must have reason to believe that Lyft was negligent in its responsibility toward you as their customer, and you must have evidence to present a case for this.
- Talk with your lawyer in depth before proceeding on this course of action. There are always multiple legal options and avenues to pursue. Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys have the relevant experience to guide you with a strategy that has the highest chance for success.