Slip and Fall Lawyer Las Vegas
A simple slip and fall accident may seem minor, but the repercussions can be monumental.
“I had my car in for paint and ding repair at a local body shop. I was walking with the service manager to the work bay to inspect the finished work when I slipped on a puddle of oil right on the customer walkway. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and stayed there for over a week after ankle surgery to repair my fractured tibia. On release from the hospital, I needed to use a wheelchair and then crutches to get around for several months. I also needed pain medication and physical therapy to help my recovery. Because of this accident, I was unable to work, which resulted in depression, anxiety, and sleeplessness."
That fall changed my life and left me with physical disabilities that were permanent and chronic. Apart from the injuries and ongoing pain, I had to make adaptations to my home for reduced mobility. My employer was understanding and stood by me, but long-term I have suffered lost earnings and my career was held back because my capacity to work is now restricted by my disability.”
Like the situation described above, you may find yourself caught in the messy aftermath of a slip and fall incident. These incidents can include physical injuries that may lead to short or long-term disability, loss of employment and income, plus the financial burden of compounding medical costs. These accidents commonly cause injuries to the head, neck and back, which can lead to long-term chronic health problems, and emotional pain and frustration due to the insurance settlement process.
If you have experienced a slip and fall accident in Las Vegas, you need to consult with an attorney right away. Your slip and fall accident may be due to the negligence of another party and you may be entitled to compensation. Tingey Injury Law Firm has extensive experience with slip and fall cases, and we know how to work with insurance companies to make sure you’re properly compensated.
If you are a victim of a slip and fall incident, you are probably dealing with these issues:
- Medical treatment for your physical injury
- Financial burden of compounding medical costs
- Emotional ramifications that come with physical injury
- Communicating with your insurance or the insurance company of the facility where you were injured
- Missed work due to your injury
- Inability to perform activities and hobbies
- Frustration with the insurance settlement process
Review My Slip and Fall Case for Free
Slip and Fall Attorney Near Me
Our attorneys are available to discuss your slip and fall premises liability case now. Call Tingey Injury Law Firm at (702) 333-0000 today and let us help you receive the maximum award possible for your pain and suffering.
The Tingey Injury Law Firm team has the expertise to guide you through all the issues associated with a premises liability slip and fall accident case. We will:
- Investigate your case in-depth to ensure you receive the resolution you deserve.
- Collect information from the premises owner, their lawyers and insurance company, and your medical insurers and care providers to create a full picture of the accident causes and consequences.
- Determine if your accident was due to the negligence of other parties and establish who is liable for which costs.Determine what compensation you are entitled to and maximize the award for your pain and suffering.
- Seek to secure a fair settlement in mediation to spare you the stress and emotional trauma of a trial.
- If we cannot reach a satisfactory resolution in mediation, we will pursue a settlement by trial to the full extent of the law.
Slip and Fall Lawyer FAQs
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help me with my slip and fall accident?
- Tingey Injury Law Firm has represented injured people in thousands of cases and negotiated settlements with all kinds of insurance carriers in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada.
- We understand the system and how to work within it to represent you best.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with my work injury?
- A case worker from our legal team will be assigned to you.
- You can expect to be treated with professional courtesy and genuine concern.
- You will receive regular and timely updates on the progress of your case.
- Our lawyers will stay by your side until your case is properly settled.
What compensation am I entitled to?
- The Nevada laws about premises liability are complex, and the circumstances of every slip and fall accident are different.
- You need to meet with our lawyers and give us your full report and documentation about the facts of your case. Then we will assess your entitlements, which may include compensation for medical and pharmaceutical bills, travel to and from medical specialists, lost work, loss of potential income, pain and suffering, and more.
- We will pursue your compensation to the full extent of the law.
What should I do if I had a recent slip and fall accident?
- Call and speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
- Seek immediate attention and examination from a medical professional, even if you do not feel any pain or have visible injuries.
- Write down your notes about the accident and take photographs where possible (of the site, your injuries, etc.)
- Get the contact details of the premises owner.
- Ask the premises owner to give you a copy of their written report from their health and safety incident records.
- Collect contact details from any witnesses to the accident.
What is negligence?
- In the case of premises liability, negligence is where a person, company or other legal entity that owns a site has failed to follow up on their legal responsibility to keep the premises safe for their workers and members of the public who are on site legally and in good faith.
Isn’t my insurance company on my side?
- The insurance company (whether yours or the defendant’s) is trying to save as much money as they can.
- The insurance company’s objective is to minimize liability and pay out as little as possible.
- Your lawyer’s objective is to get you the full range of the benefits that you are entitled to.
- Your lawyer is a trained negotiator, experienced at remaining cool and impartial while working tirelessly to get the best outcome for you.
- This is one of the most important reasons you need a tough and experienced lawyer to negotiate a fair settlement for you.
- Let your lawyer handle the insurance company so you can focus on recovering.
How long do I have to file a claim?
- This varies depending on the type of accident and facts of the case.
- In general, you should always file a case and get the paperwork underway quickly while the details are still fresh in your mind.
What are the challenges associated with a slip and fall case?
- Defining liability – there may be multiple parties, each with a share of responsibility. For example, if a person slips on a wet floor that has recently been mopped by a contract cleaning firm employee without proper hazard signage displayed, responsibility may be shared by both the premises owner and the contract cleaning firm.
- Establishing Proof – there is a high level of fraud in premises liability slip and fall cases. As a result, these types of cases can sometimes be harder to prove. The presence of credible witnesses who are able and willing to testify on your behalf can help you to a more straightforward resolution of your case.