Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Las Vegas
Pedestrian safety is a two-way street.
“My elderly brother Joe, a widower, was knocked down by a passing car outside the nursing home where he lives. The driver stopped and called the emergency services which took my brother to the hospital. Joe had injured his head and spine and spent almost a month in the hospital, but the extent of his injuries was not fully investigated and he did not have an aftercare plan in place when he returned to the home."
Our lawyers arranged for Joe to have additional injury assessment by a neurologist, and worked with experts to prepare an accident reconstruction report. The driver’s insurance company made an initial offer of settlement which was inadequate, but our attorney negotiated patiently with them for several months and finally secured a settlement that was sufficient to cover my brother’s ongoing medical expenses, all without the stress and risk of a court trial.
My brother Joe is permanently disabled and has ongoing health problems, but our family at least has the comfort of knowing he will be properly cared for in his remaining years.”
As this scenario shows, pedestrian accidents can have tragic consequences. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, you need a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer on your side to help you deal with the many issues surrounding pedestrian accidents. These issues may include:
- Physical pain
- Getting the right medical treatment for your immediate injuries and follow-on treatment for long-term problems like neck and spinal pain that may develop
- Loss of faculties or disability
- Traumatic memories and emotional suffering
- Compounding medical bills
- Communicating with your health insurance provider and the auto insurance of the motorist(s)
- Work missed due to injury
- Loss of income
- Confusion and stress about the complexity of these issues all happening at once
- Trying to get on with your day to day responsibilities at work, school and home while dealing with the problems caused by the accident
Review My Pedestrian Accident Case for Free
Pedestrian Accident Attorney Near Me
Tingey Injury Law Firm attorneys are available to discuss your pedestrian accident case now. Call (702) 333-0000 for your free consultation, and we will help you today.
Tingey Injury Law Firm has the expertise to help guide you through these issues. We will:
- Refer you to quality medical providers and ensure you receive proper care
- Represent you in all communications with insurance companies
- Guide you to help eliminate your confusion or stress
- Negotiate on your behalf with all relevant parties
- Investigate your case from every angle to ensure you receive the resolution you deserve
- Establish whether or not your accident was due to the negligence or liability of another party
- Determine what compensation you are entitled to and maximize the award for your pain and suffering
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer FAQs
Click on question below to see more info:
How can a Las Vegas personal injury attorney help with a pedestrian accident?
- Accident lawyers are specialists with relevant experience to assess your pedestrian accident case and advise you on the best strategy for pursuing compensation for any damages or injuries you may have suffered. A skilled accident lawyer knows how to represent your interests, liaise with the other parties and their lawyers, negotiate with your insurance company, and efficiently move your case through the legal system.
What can I expect if I choose Tingey Injury Law Firm to help me with my pedestrian accident?
- Experienced lawyers who are specialists in the area of law relevant to your case
- Lawyers who listen to your concerns and take practical steps to resolve your case
- Lawyers who will review your case and explain to you in clear language your options for recourse and what the likely outcomes are so you can make informed decisions
- Action-oriented lawyers who will advance your case with all possible speed
What determines negligence/liability in a pedestrian accident?
- Broadly, in terms of pedestrian accidents, negligence is the failure of a motorist or pedestrian to act with proper care for and attention to the safety of other road users or pedestrians.
- This is a complex area involving multiple factors and every case is different.
How can I avoid a pedestrian accident?
- Drivers should:
- Observe all speed limits and reduce speed below the limit in busy pedestrian areas and school zones.
- Look for eye contact with pedestrians to ensure you are aware of one another’s presence.
- Take extra precautions in reduced visibility or bad weather.
- Observe school bus rules and crossing signs.
- Be patient with pedestrian children, senior citizens and people with disabilities
- Pedestrians should:
- Cross roads at designated pedestrian crossings.
- Look for eye contact with drivers before you cross – always assume a driver does not see you.
- Wear high-visibility clothing in dark areas.
- Do not cross behind a parked vehicle or other obstacle that could keep a driver from seeing you.
Isn’t my insurance company on my side?
- Your insurance company is trying to save as much money as they can.
- Your insurance company’s objective is to minimize liability and pay out as little as possible.
- Your lawyer’s objective is to get you as much as possible.
- Your lawyer is a trained negotiator.
- Let your lawyer handle the insurance company and all of their tactics so you can focus on other priorities.
What if the driver didn’t stop?
- If the driver did not stop, it is important to try and find other evidence in the form of a witness report or CCTV footage.
- Talk to local residents and business owners near the accident scene.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Talk to Tingey Injury Law Firm as soon as possible – we will pursue inquiries about the accident on your behalf.